» View Now
Freshmen and Transfers
It is the responsibility of the applicant to have all required credentials forwarded to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Framingham State by the appropriate filing date. Students are considered “Freshmen” if they have not yet completed high school or have not enrolled in post-secondary college courses since graduating from high school; all other students are considered “Transfers.” Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions if you have any questions.
1. Completed and signed paper or online application. Applicants may either download a paper application or apply online at www.framingham.edu/admissions/application. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions if you need a paper application mailed to you.
2. Application Fee
- Application fee — $45.00 application fee
- Application fee waiver — Official CollegeBoard, NACAC form, by guidance request or by Official Campus Visit (for details please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions).
Important: Please print applicant’s name legibly on the check.
3. Freshmen: Official high school transcript with grades at least through the end of the junior year, plus a senior year course schedule. First quarter senior grades must be forwarded when available. All transcripts must bear the official seal or stamp of the high school. Students with a GED must have an official score report forwarded to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and submit an official high school transcript for the period high school was attended.
Transfers: Official, final high school transcript indicating date of graduation or official GED score report with official high school transcript for the period high school was attended. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities ever attended. If a student is enrolled elsewhere at the time of acceptance, a final official transcript for that semester or any other course work completed before enrolling at Framingham State must be submitted prior to the commencement of studies at FSU. Please note: Only transcripts forwarded directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Framingham State from the colleges or universities the applicant attended are considered official transcripts. A decision will not be made by the Admissions Committee without all official transcripts. All applicants must disclose all colleges/universities ever attended regardless of whether courses were finished or credit was received. Failure to disclose this information may result in denial of admission or retroactive administrative withdrawal from the University without refund or course credits. Foreign Credentials: A certified, course-by-course evaluation of foreign credentials must be provided if applicable. The evaluation must include grade and credit hour equivalents for each course. An application for a transcript/certificate evaluation may be downloaded at http://www.cedevaluations.com/.
Military Transcripts (VALOR Act Academic Credit Evaluation Policy): In accordance with the VALOR Act, admission applicants must submit their military transcripts (as appraised by the American Council on Education (ACE)) for consideration of academic credit at the time of acceptance to determine whether the content is transferable into Framingham State University. Framingham State University reviews and evaluates the military transcript for academic credit, based on the recommendations from ACE, for transferability of credit in accordance with our university-wide policy.
4. Official SAT or ACT plus Writing scores are required. Scores must be sent directly from the CollegeBoard or ACT; not the high school. Framingham State’s SAT code is 3519; ACT code is 1904. Students who graduated from high school prior to 2011 or have completed 24 or more credit hours of college credit at the time of application are not required to submit official SAT or ACT scores.
5. Freshmen: Completed High School Transcript Request Form (2015 graduates only).
6. Applicants who are not currently in high school or who have not been attending college continuously since graduation from high school must submit a résumé or summary of activities which accounts for all time periods since leaving high school.
7. Freshmen: Applicants who expect to have completed any college course work at the time of graduation from high school should apply as freshmen, but must list the appropriate information in the “College Information” section of the application and have an official transcript forwarded (when available) to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
8. Transfers: Please list all courses in progress or courses that will be completed prior to enrollment at Framingham State University.
9. Applicants who plan to take or have taken Advanced Placement or CLEP (College Level Examination Program) exams should list the exams under the “Advanced Placement” and/or “CLEP” sections of the application and have official scores (when available) forwarded to Framingham State (school code is 3519).
College Board Web site (http://www.collegeboard.com)
ACT Web site (http://www.act.org/aap/)
TOEFL Web site (http://www.ets.org/toefl)
Freshman/Transfer applicants must meet the minimum admission standards, set by the Department of Higher Education (DHE) in order to qualify for admission. These minimum requirements do not guarantee admission.