Framingham State University
Request More Information
Apply Now
Contact Information

Framingham State University Police Department
McCarthy Center (Access off Church Street)
100 State Street
P.O. Box 9101
Framingham, MA 01701-9101

Phone: 508-626-4911
Fax: 508-626-4899
TTY: 508-626-4008

A civil disturbance is defined as an emergency caused by criminal action of a person, which requires an appropriate response by school officials or local authorities.

Call Campus Police at 4911 in response to civil disturbance or school violence.

If gunshots are heard when students are outdoors, they need to take cover immediately. Students need to lie flat on the ground if no shelter is close by.

Drop - cover - with lockdown.

The take cover instruction needs to be given quickly and students should immediately drop, cover, and hold.

The faculty members should turn the lights out, move students to the back or side of the room, close and lock the door.

If you are in an area where the disturbance is taking place, instruct students to face the wall so eye contact can't be made.

Everyone should remain in their classroom or office, or move to a designated area in the building until the situation is either controlled or isolated.

Campus Police or other emergency personnel will instruct students and staff to evacuate the building in a timely fashion and assemble in a predesignated location. 

Framingham State University

100 State Street

PO Box 9101

Framingham, MA 01701-9101


Phone: 508-620-1220