Job Search Strategy Tips:
- Do your homework. Understand the industry and the careers your considering. Explore Glassdoor and the Occupational Outlook Handbook as well as take some time to explore who you want to become.
- Gain experience in your future career field. Whether you're a first-year student, a senior or a graduate of Framingham State University, you need experience in your field of interest. Do an internship. Volunteer. Be willing to take a lower-level opportunity with future growth potential.
- Use all of your online resources. Take advantage of Ramtrack, the FSU job/internship database.
- Network. It is often not what you know, it is who you know. You must be willing to ask for advice and build your network one person at a time.
- Check out the Career Guide to learn about the job search process and strategies for interviewing, resumes and cover letters.