FSU administers the PBT TOEFL at the end of every semester. The exam is free to FSU TOEFL class students; $20 to other FSU students; $30 to non-FSU students. No refunds will be given.
Next Exam, Saturday, December13, 2014 at 8:30 a.m. Call 508-626-1510 for information.
Register and pay at the Student Services Center, 5th floor of the McCarthy Center.
The Intensive English Program offers instruction in reading, grammar, vocabulary building, academic writing, pronunciation, TOEFL preparation, and content areas based on student interest.
(Classes are small, permitting individualized instruction and opportunities to use both spoken and written language in real and meaningful situations.)
Click here for the Intensive English Program registration form.
Information for International students below:
Click here for more information about the intensive day program.
Fall 2014 Classes begin:
M/W/F September 3 - December 10, 2014
T/Th/F September 4 - December 11, 2014
Students can choose to take any of the following classes:
Core Classes include:
Reading/Writing/Grammar for basic, intermediate, or advanced students
M/W 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. / Fri. 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Cost: 14 week: $1470
Listening/Speaking for basic, intermediate, or advanced students
T/TH 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. / Fri. 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cost: 14 week: $1470
Afternoon Focus Classes included:
M/W/F 12:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Cost: 14 weeks: $800
- ELSI 1020 Focus on English for Success in the U.S.! for beginning students
- ELSI 1040 Focus on Improving Vocabulary,Reading,Writing and Discussion Skills for intermediate students
- ESLI 1064 Focus on Preparation Essentials for the Test of English as Foreign Langauge for advanced students
T/Th 12:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Cost: 14 weeks $625
- ESLI 1030 Focus on Conversation, American Culture and Cinema for beginning and intermediate students
- ESLI 1050 Focus on Commuincation Skills and Public Speaking for high intemediate/advanced students
- ESLI 1066 Test of Englsih as a Foreign Langauge Preparation Strategies for advanced students
Intensive Program Tutoring
Students who are enrolled in the Intensive English Program, 15 hours or more per week, are eligible for up to four hours of free, individualized tutoring (per semester) to help with class assignments, or development of certain skills. The tutors are highly-trained instructors, who will ensure the tutoring time is productive and helpful to students.