6 November 2014
Manager of Nutrition Services, Community Servings, Boston, MA
The Manager of Nutrition Services is responsible for the oversight of all service components of the Nutrition Department at Community Servings. Community Servings provides free, home-delivered meals for those who are homebound with a critical illness, serving 1800 meals per day to 900 clients and their families in 18 communities.
The Manager of Nutrition Services plans menus, ensures meal safety, adjust care plans, provides nutritional counseling, conducts workshops, and supervises a staff of nutritionists and dietetic technicians.
At least a Bachelor's degree in nutrition, RDN status, and two years experience required.
For more information and to apply, see the job's web page.
6 November 2014
WIC Nutritionist, Family Health Center, Worcester, MA
Family Health Center is currently seeking a full time nutritionist, starting salary $27,661-$44,472 plus benefits.
To apply: Fill out the online application at http://www.fhcw.org/en/joinourteam/ApplyForAPosition
The program nutritionist provides nutrition services to WIC applicants and participants. Responsibilities include:
- Provides nutrition care to high-risk women, infants and children under the supervision of the senior nutritionist, including all aspects of:
- Anthropometric and hematological data collection.
- Dietary assessment, nutritional risk assessment and food package prescription.
- Nutrition and breastfeeding counseling and education.
- Immunization assessment and data collection.
- Documentation and data entry.
- Referrals to other health and social services.
- Follow-up nutrition education.
- 2. Participates in planning, development and evaluation of:
- Educational materials and group nutrition education sessions.
- Participant counseling and education strategies.
- Nutrition in-services and outreach activities.
- Nutrition policies.
- Assists senior nutritionist in:
- Training paraprofessional WIC staff, agency staff and health care providers and other community agencies on nutrition or WIC topics.
- Administration of clinical and health care aspects of the program.
- Conducting quality assurance activities.
- Communicates with health care community on issues pertaining to participant needs.
- Provides nutrition care for low-risk applicants and participants as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed, including:
- Assisting in the training of CPA Is and IIs.
- Providing back-up to secondary sites on an as needed basis.
- Collaborating with healthcare providers and other social services agencies to increase quality of care and reduce duplication of services.
- 1. Bachelor's degree in public health nutrition, nutrition, foods and nutrition, or nutrition education.
- Master's degree in public health nutrition, nutrition, or food and nutrition, Registration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, or licensure with the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Dietitians and Nutritionists, desired.
- One year's experience in clinical or community nutrition, preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making capabilities.
- Good communications skills.
- Bilingual skills desired
- Sensitivity to the needs of the participant population.
- Availability to work at multiple WIC sites and during program clinic hours as needed.
Posted 14 October 2014
Food Services Supervisor, Norwood Hospital, MA
POSITION SUMMARY Supervises employees working in the cafeteria, patient services, production and the dish room areas.
QUALIFICATIONS Requires a high school diploma or a general education degree (GED). Must have a current Food Safety Certificate, prior food service experience, and strong interpersonal skills. Preferably, has received some formal supervisory training.
For more information and to apply, see the www.norwood-hospital.org Careers page. Note: Other food service positions are currently available at Norwood Hospital.
Posted 9 October 2014
Nutrition Consultant - State of North Carolina, Raleigh, NC
The NC Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a Registered Dietitian with a master's degree for a full time position. The position, based in Raleigh, NC, will develop nutrition and programmatic training and programs for the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
For more information, and to apply see the job's web page.
Application Deadline 23 October.
Posted 8 October 2014
Clinical Dietitian and Diet Aides at Lowell General Hospital
Lowell General Hospital is currently seeking a per diem Clinical Dietitian. Also, several positions are available for Diet Aides. Please visit Lowell General Hospital's Career page and search "Allied Health" for the Clinical Dietitian position or "Service and Trade" for the Diet Aide positions.
Posted 3 October 2014
Clinical Nutrition Manager, Carney Hospital, Dorchester, MA
Carney Hospital in Dorchester, MA is currently seeking a Clinical Nutrition Manager. The position is 70% clinical dietitian with 30% managerial. Three dietitians report to the clinical nutrition manager. The applicant must be an RD with license in Massachusetts, have at least one year experience as a clinical dietitian, experience with electornic records. The position is with Sodexo.
For more information and to apply, see the job's web page