Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for the fall and spring semester. Completed applications should be on file by July 1 for fall and November 1 for spring. Applications received after this date cannot be guaranteed timely matriculation. The Admissions Committee will begin review of an application only upon receipt of official copies of all required documents.
- Applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university and must submit an official transcript from each college or university attended as an undergraduate or graduate student. Required preparation: at least 45 semester hours in liberal arts to include 36 semester hours in studio art and 9 semester hours in art history.
- Applicants must have a minimum undergraduate quality point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in a program acceptable to the admissions committee.
- Applicants must submit an official test score report of the Graduate Record Examination General Test or the Miller Analogies Test.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their Massachusetts Initial License in Art.
- Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation from professors, supervisors, and/or colleagues, submitted on the Framingham State University Letter of Recommendation form and sent directly to the University by the recommender.
- Applicants must submit a typed, 300-word personal statement discussing their motivation for seeking a master’s degree in view of prior formal education, current job responsibilities and career plans.
- Applicants must submit ten (10) to fifteen (15) slides or digital images of the applicant’s art work. This may include multiple slides to show detail.
- Applicants must have an interview with the Chairperson of the Art and Music Department.
- Requirements are accurate to date. However, the University reserves the right to change requirements in the future, and will notify applicants should any changes be made.
- Applications remaining incomplete for over one year will be discarded.
- Refer to appropriate catalog for Degree Requirements for prior years.