Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for the fall and spring semester. Completed applications should be on file by July 1 for fall and November 1 for spring. Applications received after this date cannot be guaranteed timely matriculation. The Admissions Committee will begin review of an application only upon receipt of official copies of all required documents.
- Applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university and must submit an official transcript from each college or university attended as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Applicants must have a minimum undergraduate quality point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must submit official test score reports for the Graduate Record Examination General Test. Scores must be in by December 1 for the spring.
- Applicants must hold a Massachusetts Department of Education license in Early Childhood Education at the Initial level (or above) or hold Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (formerly OCCS) certification as Lead Teacher, Director I and/or Director II and have one year’s teaching experience in early childhood education. A copy of the license must be submitted.
- Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation from professors, supervisors, and/or colleagues, submitted on the Framingham State University Letter of Recommendation form and sent directly to the University by the recommender.
- Applicants must submit a typed, 300-word personal statement discussing their motivation for seeking a master’s degree in view of prior formal education, current job responsibilities and career plans.
- Requirements are accurate to date. However, the University reserves the right to change requirements in the future, and will notify applicants should any changes be made.
- Applications remaining incomplete for over one year will be discarded.