Applicants for full-time study should have their files completed by February 1 for fall admission and by September 1 for spring admission in order to maximize access to prerequisite undergraduate courses.
- Applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university and must submit an official transcript from each college or university attended as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Applicants must have an overall undergraduate quality point average (QPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in a program acceptable to the admissions committee, including acceptable grades in basic courses in biology, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Students eligible to apply for admission, but not fulfilling the QPA requirement, and who have (1) a minimum QPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 Scale, (2) a minimum GRE General Test total score of 1000 and (3) an analytical writing score of at least 3.5 would be considered for admissions after completing two prerequisite graduate courses at Framingham State University. These courses must be completed with a grade of B or better. A grade of B- is not acceptable.
- Students without appropriate undergraduate course work will be required to take or test out of prerequisite courses. Students must earn a grade of B- or better in each prerequisite course, and an overall average of B. Proficiency examinations, when completed, must be passed with equivalent grades if the student is to receive official admission. Students who earn a grade less than B- in any prerequisite courses will ordinarily be withdrawn from the program.
- Applicants are expected to have fulfilled the following course as part of their undergraduate education, prior to applying to the program: Biology, General Chemistry I and II, and Organic Chemistry I and II (comparable to Framingham State University courses CHEM 207 and CHEM 208).
- Applicants must obtain a total score of at least 1200 on the verbal and quantitative portions of the Graduate Record Examination General Test plus an analytical writing score of at least 4.5 on an established 6.0 point scale and must have an official test score report submitted to the University.
- Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation from professors, supervisors, and/or colleagues, submitted on the Framingham State University Letter of Recommendation form and sent directly to the University by the recommender.
- Applicants must submit a typed, 300-word personal statement discussing their motivation for seeking a master’s degree in view of prior formal education, current job responsibilities and career plans.
- Requirements are accurate to date. However, the University reserves the right to change requirements in the future, and will notify applicants should any changes be made.
- Applications remaining incomplete for over one year will be discarded.