The M.A. with a concentration in Public Administration is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to manage in the public and non-profit sectors. Students will learn the theory and practice of management and leadership, policy analysis, budgeting, and program evaluation in the public and non-profit sectors.
At the conclusion of the program students will be:
- Knowledgeable of the political, legal and governance context of public and non-profit organizations.
- Knowledgeable of the theory and application of public values, public service, administrative responsiveness, and ethics in the public and non-profit sectors.
- Able to formulate, budget, manage, and evaluate public policy, programs and services.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Able to work effectively in teams and collaborate with other service providers.