Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for the fall and spring semester. Completed applications should be on file by July 31 for fall and November 1 for spring. Applications received after this date cannot be guaranteed timely matriculation. The Admissions Committee will begin review of an application only upon receipt of official copies of all required documents.
- The applicant must have earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- The applicant must be a practicing teacher who holds a Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education license in either Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education at the Initial level (or above).
- The applicant must have a minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant must submit satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test. (Applicants who have already earned a master’s degree in any field are exempt from this requirement.)
- Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation from professors, supervisors, and/or colleagues, submitted on the Framingham State University Letter of Recommendation form and sent directly to the University by the recommender.
- Applicants must submit a typed, 300-word personal statement discussing their motivation for seeking a master’s degree in view of prior formal education, current job responsibilities and career plans
- Requirements are accurate to date. However, the University reserves the right to change requirements in the future, and will notify applicants should any changes be made.
- Refer to appropriate catalog for Degree Requirements for prior years.