The staff at the Health Center would like to extend a warm welcome to you and your student! Although the college experience is often focused on academics, services provided outside the classroom also contribute to a student’s success. Good health is a vital component to every student’s college experience and is essential for academic success. Our staff of experienced professionals is committed to providing high quality care during times of illness and also to educating our students on healthy lifestyles.
While focusing on academic preparations, many parents of residential students overlook stocking up on health related items for their student to use while on campus. Your child will have everyday aches, pains and colds just like at home. The Health Center is available at these times but having certain items in their rooms to use day or night is very helpful. It is often comforting when ill to use the same things that “work at home.” Please consider packing the following items:
- Thermometer (non-mercury)
- Pain reliever (acetaminophen or ibuprofen) to treat pain and fever
- Cough medicine, cough drops and throat lozenges
- Decongestants for sinus pressure, stuffy ears and nose
- Antacid (PeptoBismol, Milk of Magnesia, TUMS)
- Cold Packs for sports injuries
- Heating Pad
- Bandages/ Bandaids
- Dry skin lotion
- Hand Sanitizer (Purell) portable size to prevent the spread of infection
The Health Center is located on the first floor of Foster Hall, the Health and Wellness Center, on the corner of State St. and Maynard Rd. The Counseling Center is located on the second floor of the Center. Please stop by if you have any questions or concerns or would like to meet us and see our facility.
Ilene Hofrenning FNP-BC, Director of the Health Center