Framingham State University is following the guidelines from the Center for disease Control and Prevention (CDC) which recommends 4 actions you can take to stay healthy and avoid the flu as well as other viruses and illnesses.
1. Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze!
- If you use a tissue throw it in the trash after you use it. Or better yet, use your sleeve.
For a humorous video on cough etiquette, click here!
2. Wash your hands!
- Use soap and water for 20 seconds or as long as it takes to sing the happy birthday song twice or use hand sanitizer.
3. Stay home if you are sick!
- Don’t go to class if you are sick.
- If you have flu symptoms (a fever of 100 degrees or higher with cough or sore throat), you will need to call your parents and go home to recover to prevent the spread of flu on campus.
- You can return to campus when your temperature has been normal for 24 hours without using medication to reduce it.
4. Get the seasonal flu vaccine! The vaccine is particularly important for students who have conditions that put them at higher risk of developing complications from the flu. These conditions are: asthma or other lung problems, diabetes, kidney disease, weakened immune system, pregnancy.