Mathematics Courses Appropriate for General Education (Gen. Ed.)
MATH 110 College Mathematics I
MATH 117 Introduction to Statistics
MATH 119 Mathematics for the Liberal Arts
MATH 123 College Algebra
MATH 200 Precalculus
MATH 219 Calculus I
Each incoming student must take placement examinations in writing, mathematics, and reading, which are administered
prior to orientation for new students. For more information regarding placement testing in mathematics, please contact the Office of First-Year Programs.
- 1 - Indicates student may not take a credit-bearing math course at Framingham State University. Student must first complete MATH 095 General Mathematics or similar remedial course at another college.
- 2 - Indicates student may enroll in non-algebraic math courses: MATH 110 College Mathematics I (for Coordinate majors in Education), MATH 117 Introduction to Statistics, and MATH 119 Math for the Liberal Arts.
- 3 - Indicates remedial coursework equivalent of MATH 095 General Mathematics accepted as transfer coursework and student may take any 100-level math course listed above, as well as MATH 123 College Algebra.
- 4 - Indicates student may take any 100-level math course listed above, as well as MATH 123 College Algebra.
- 5 - Indicates student may enroll in MATH 200 Precalculus or, after consultation with the Mathematics Department, MATH 219 Calculus I; or any 100-level mathematics course appropriate for the student’s major discipline.