Pre-Engineering Mission Statement
Framingham State University’s Pre-Engineering program establishes a freshman and sophomore curriculum leading to a B.S. degree in one of the engineering disciplines: civil, chemical, electrical, mechanical, nuclear, or plastics at a State University offering a B.S. engineering degree program. FSU plans to formalize articulation agreements with the University of Massachusetts-Lowell; and proposed cooperation with the University of Massachusetts-Amherst and University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth for articulation into a B.S. degree program in chemical, civil, computer systems, electrical, industrial, or mechanical engineering at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst; civil, computer, electrical, or mechanical engineering at University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth.
Pre-Engineering Major Learning Objectives
The department decided the following learning objectives will be the primary goals of the PEN program. Students in the PEN program will:
- Acquire foundational knowledge of physics, math, chemistry, and related subjects, as well as critical thinking skills and facility with the scientific method.
- Acquire laboratory skills.
- Develop critical thinking skills to assess science and technology issues as citizens and in society.
- Acquire knowledge of the breadth and scope of engineering, including an understanding of the design process used by engineers.
- Acquire an ability to work collaboratively.
- Be prepared to enter one of University of Massachusetts system B.S. degree programs in engineering.
Assessment Plan Assessment Plan 2013-2018