Tuesday, May 19, 2015 from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
To register for orientation, click RSVP.
Online Student Orientations are held at the start of each semester, usually the week before online classes begin. During the session students are introduced to the Blackboard learning platform, university resources, and provided with strategies for success.
Students join the session from home or work using Blackboard Collaborate (similar to WebEx or Google Hangouts). Details and instructions how to join will be sent to individuals who RSVP about a week before the scheduled orientation.
Invitations to the orientation are sent out several times via email to all enrolled online students a few weeks prior to the beginning of the semester. If you have additional questions, contact Education Technology Office (ETO) at 508-626-4927 or e-mail email@example.com.
Note: If you are unable to attend the orientation, a recording and related resources will be posted on this page shortly after the orientation.
Who Should Attend?
- Students who are taking their first online class.
- Students who have taken online classes but wish to be better prepared.
- Students who need someone to answer questions about Blackboard and other resources.
- Students who wish to learn more about taking online classes.
What will I learn?
The 1.5 hour presentation will help you become familiar with the tools and resources available to you as an online student. Topics covered include:
- How to be a successful online student
- How to get started using Blackboard
- How to access available academic and technology resources
We look forward to welcoming you to our online community.
Robin S. Robinson
Director of Education Technology and Interactive Media