Office of Student Involvement and Leadership Development
Questions about Student Transportation:
As part of the Division of Enrollment and Student Development, Student Involvement and Leadership Development (SILD) is a dedicated and energetic professional team committed to enhancing a student's college experience. Through quality programs, campus services, support of clubs and organizations, leadership development and community partnerships, SILD prepares students to be active members in their communities. A priority of our team is to encourage student potential, growth, and achievements by recognizing their contributions to FSU.
To accomplish our mission, the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership Development:
- Supports and advises the students and programs of approximately 60 student clubs and organizations.
- Plans and implements a series of leadership development programs.
- Supports civic engagement and service opportunities through supporting students in day-long and individual service projects.
- Partners with campus and community groups to enrich the student experience.
- Maintains and oversees facilities and programs within the College Center including the Game Room, Info Desk, and Student Transportation Center.
- Coordinates a comprehensive student employee and intern experience for SILD programs and services.
- Provides information and resources about involvement opportunities through a variety of sources including the Campus Happenings and Toilet Times Calendars, Campus Cable, Blackboard, my.Framingham and the SILD website.
- Plans, implements, and supports many Framingham State University traditions and annual events.
- Assesses and evaluates our programs and services annually in order to adjust to new trends, changing needs, and current issues and events affecting our students.