» Academic Support and Advising (CASA)
» Campus Ministry
» Career Services and Employer Relations
» Counseling Center
» First-Year Programs (Orientation, Placement)
» Health Center
» Multicultural Affairs
» Residence Life
» Student Conduct
» Student Involvement and Leadership Development (SILD)
» Veterans Services
» Wellness Education
Framingham State University is pleased to announce an exciting new paid internship program for its veteran and servicemember student population beginning the fall 2013 semester. This pilot Veteran Internship Program (VIP) will provide hourly wages to qualified students who take part in internships which align with their degree program and future occupational interests. The program will also offer approved businesses, governmental entities, non-profits, and various other organizations throughout the Metrowest area to benefit from the skills and abilities provided by veteran and servicemember students who have not only honorably served their country, but who have demonstrated academic potential as well.
Students are highly encouraged to coordinate with their academic department for course credit as priority will be given to credit-seeking internship candidates.
In order to be eligible for this program, an FSU student must:
- Be a military reservist, National Guard service member, or honorably discharged veteran from any branch of the United States Armed Forces;
- Complete a VIP application;
- Be a matriculated, degree-seeking student;
- Participate in an interview with University staff to confirm eligibility for the program and to identify specific goals for the internship experience;
- Apply for each VIP position through the FSU Career Services and Employer Relations online internship listing database, Ramtrack.
- Fill out the appropriate Student Contractor payroll paperwork through Human Resources.
To be accepted for participation, a VIP employer must:
- Be an approved governmental agency, nonprofit, business, or community organization doing business in a commercially-zoned office space/property;
- If applicable, agree to abide by the intern’s departmental internship guidelines including supervision and evaluation procedures if the internship is a faculty supervised for-credit experience;
- Provide an internship that is an educational experience for the student and that is posted with the FSU Ramtrack internship posting system at https://www.myinterfase.com/framingham/employer;
- Be approved by the FSU Veteran Services Coordinator and Internship Coordinator;
- Agree to FSU Employer Internship Requirements as posted on the University’s web site at http://www.framingham.edu/career-services/documents/internshiprequirements.pdf;
- Provide verification of the intern’s weekly hours worked at the internship, as requested by the Coordinator of Veterans Services.