Moving Out of State

This page is designed for candidates who have completed an approved licensure program at Framingham State University and are now seeking licensure in another state. Most states have specific procedures in place for applicants who hold a license from another state, and many now require verification that the applicant has completed an approved licensure program. Framingham State University will provide verification for you only if you have completed all requirements for an approved licensure program at FSU.

National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC)
Information for Out-of-State Applicants

Each state's form is unique and many states require extensive information about an applicant's practicum/student teaching placement. Please follow the steps below to ensure the timely and accurate completion of your request.

  1. Obtain the necessary program verification form(s) from the state in which you are seeking licensure/certification. Fill in all parts that are required to be completed by you, the applicant. Please do not fill in any parts that are required to be completed by FSU.

  2. Along with the necessary forms, please provide the following information:

o    Your current name (first, middle, last)

o    Any other last names you had while enrolled at Framingham State

o    Your current mailing address

o    Your phone number

o    Your email address

o    Your student ID number, if known

o    Date of birth, if student ID is not known

o    The degree or program you completed

o    The year you completed the program.

  1. Include instructions for returning the completed form. Each state has its own procedure; some require the university to send the completed form to you. Others require the university to send the form directly to the state's licensure office. If instructions are not included with your request, the form will be sent to the state office listed on the form.

  2. Forward the necessary forms and information listed above to or mail your request to:
Education Placement and Licensure Office
Dwight Hall 326
Framingham State University
100 State Street
Framingham, MA 01701
The licensure officer  will send you a letter confirming completion of your request. If your request cannot be fulfilled, the licensure officer  will provide an explanation.

Educator Licensure and Placement Office

O'Connor Hall 125
Ms. Sandra Shaw, Director
Educator Placement and Licensure
Phone:   508 626 4573