Information Technology Services
Wednesday February 20, 1:30 – 2:30 pm in Hemenway Hall 107
Lights, camera, action! In this session we will cover some great do-it-yourself sound and lighting tips to help you present your best self on camera. Bring your questions about equipment or about any challenges you have faced or forsee.
Tuesday February 26, 1:30 – 2:30 pm in Hemenway Hall 107
You already use Panopto; now let’s learn three ways to extend how you use it! We will discuss using master folders and permissioning strategies to make using Panopto a smoother process. We will also show you how to make videos interactive with quizzes. Finally, we will preview the student video assignment, which allows you to receive video submissions from learners
Tuesday March 12, 1:30 – 2:30 pm in Hemenway Hall 107
Student created videos allow you to collect student presentations or oral homework online. This can free up classroom time or give you the ability to watch a student’s performance in an online course. Students can create videos on their phones or laptops and link them to the Blackboard course using Panopto. We will explore a few ways for students to create videos and how you can harness Panopto to collect them.
Did You Know?
- IT provides support for a range of web-conferencing solutions
- The Blackboard December 2018 update has brought new features and enhancements
- The Application period for Teaching With Technology Grants is open from 11/9/18-1/22/19
- Resources for meeting and collaborating are available
- Using the steps outlined in the linked handout you can connect your computer, smartphone and other devices to the campus WiFi
- Framingham State is moving to Banner 9!
Report incidents and submit requests online using the ITS self-service portal.
Contact the Technology Resource Center Service Desk by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 508-215-5906. The Technology Resource Center is located in the Henry Whittemore Library - Lower Mezzanine.
Contact the Education Technology Office by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 508-626-4927. The Education Technology Office is located in Hemenway Hall, Rooms 105-109.