Career Services and Employer Relations
Career Services and Employer Relations Mission
As a member of the Student Affairs team, our office provides a welcoming and supportive environment to assist our diverse students and alumni with important career needs. We offer assistance in finding a good career fit for your unique values, skills, interests, and personality through career exploration assessments, career counseling, resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, and job/internship search techniques. We assist you in considering the next step in your career– choosing a major, exploring internships and other experiential activities, part-time and full-time positions, and graduate school.
The Career Services and Employer Relations team is here to help make connections between students/alumni and employers. In the 2017-18 academic year we hosted over 600 employer partners at over 200 career-related events. We are dedicated to providing all of our internship & job seekers, as well as our network of employers, with a high level of service and assistance.
Our staff assists with (click on each category to view suggested pre-preparation for your scheduled appointment):
- the job and internship search Job Search
- editing resumes and cover letters Career Ready
- conducting mock interviews Interviews
- advising on choosing a major/minor Occupational
- applying to graduate schools
- counseling on potential careers and more! Occupational
In conjunction with the resources on the career services pages, please consider utilizing the vast career resources on the Whittemore Library Careers page at http://libguides.framingham.edu/careers.
We are now using Starfish to schedule career counseling appointments for current students. Alumni, please call the CSER office at 508-626-4625 to schedule an appointment.
- Log in to: starfish.framingham.edu
- Click on “Services”
- Scroll to Career Services and Employer Relations
Click on “Schedule Appointment” link at bottom of service
If you need assistance please stop by our office located in the McCarthy Center, room 412, or call us at 508-626-4625.
We are excited to provide you with CareerSpots videos!
A fun, fast way to get job search advice and information on over six-hundred career and occupational fields from over fifty global professionals in thirty-seconds to three minutes!
Find tips and answers to your toughest questions about landing a job or internship that's right for you. The Whittemore Library Career Guides provides several important resources to help students and alumni important resources to help find up-to-date information on careers, industry research and other useful, job-hunting information sources.
Wednesday, September 26, 1:30 - 2:30pm
Suitable Solutions Kickoff and Overview
Attend this years’ kick-off event to register & learn more about the Fall 2018 program with special guests from The TJX Companies, Inc. and the MetroWest Chamber of Commerce. This award nominated six-part professional career development series is aimed at preparing students for the world of work!
Wednesday, September 26, 3:30pm - 5:00pm
Suitable Solutions Kickoff and Overview
Network and find out what employers are looking for in new hires! Alumni and other professionals are on-campus to network with you and answer all your career questions in this fast-paced speed networking format.
Office of Career Services & Employer Relations
McCarthy Center Room 412
Mondays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.*
Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.*
Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
* during academic year
Our Value Statement
- As an integral part of Framingham State University, we are committed to providing professional and comprehensive services to our students, alumni and employer partners.
- We will strive to build and promote mutual respect and teamwork within the office, the Enrollment and Student Development Division and in the University community.
- By providing individualized services, and utilizing web-based career search technology, we help students and alumni reach their career development goals, while being accessible from any location worldwide.
- We take pride in our services and will design and deliver resources that support lifelong career-related goals.