Career Services and Employer Relations
Career Services and Employer Relations COVID-19 Virtual Resources
Remote/Virtual Office hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please refer to FSU's main page for general information and updates: https://www.framingham.edu/about-fsu/news-and-events/covid-19-updates-resources-and-information.html
Our office will continue to serve the diverse needs of our students, alumni, and our employer partners. Please virtually connect with us through phone, online, and video conferencing.
Please view the list of our virtual career, networking, and Zoom presentations on our events page at https://www.framingham.edu/the-fsu-difference/career-services/events/index.
Video Links to our virtual presentations can be found on our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzMn27s6kPsLXJzR3UEXizQ.
In addition, our wonderful friends at MassBay Community College are sharing their resources and virtual presentations. For more information review virtual events at https://www.massbay.edu/career/events.Career resources during COVID-19:
COVID-19: Job Market Insights & Job Search Strategies from Experts
Company’s Hiring and Hiring Freezes - updated daily
500 Companies Hiring Students on Handshake Right Now
Finding a Job During the COVID-19 Crisis (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
Are Companies Still Hiring During the COVID-19 Crisis?
Get Hired Remotely
Who's Hiring Now
Top 100 Remote Work Companies
Remote Job Board
Navigating a Remote Summer Experience
Upcoming Virtual Events and How to Impress Employers at Virtual Events
25+ Best Sites for Finding Remote Work
Best Remote Job Boards
20 Fully Remote Companies Hiring Now
Remote Work Hub
Placement Services for Americans with Disabilities
Remote Workers LinkedIn Group
Remote Writing Projects
Some of our services include:
- Guidance with finding a good career fit (through skills and personality inventories and career counseling)
- Help implementing the job/internship search through resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, on and off-campus job searches, and learning about our job listing system/database, HANDSHAKE
- Providing information on choosing a major, full-time positions, service programs and graduate schools
- Virtual one-on-one advising and consultation to help you with your career needs
- Pair you with a mentor from our alumni and employer partners through RamLink
- Numerous and varied resources including printed handouts and Web-based tools to help identify a good career fit
- Advice on how to network and market your skills and experiences to employers
- Help with developing your soft skills (leadership, initiative, teamwork, etc.) throughout your college experience
Career Services and Employer Relations Mission
As an office within Student Development at Framingham State University, the Career Services and Employer Relations strives to:
- Provide a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment to assist our diverse students and alumni with important career, professional, and leadership skills needed to prepare them for productive lives as responsible local and global citizens and leaders.
- Utilize a variety of in person and online methods to assist our users in finding a good career fit for their unique values, skills, interests, and personality through career exploration assessments, career counseling, resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, and job/internship search techniques.
- Assist students and alumni in exploring various career goals, such as, choosing a major, searching for internships and other experiential activities, part-time, and full-time positions, and/or considering graduate school.
- Collaborate with the on- and off-campus community to provide networking opportunities to make connections between students/alumni and employers by hosting a diverse variety of career-related activities to assist students augment in class learning with out-of-class experiential learning to reach career goals.
Our staff assists with (click on each category to view suggested pre-preparation for your scheduled appointment):
- Please click here for guidelines on virtual internships
- editing resumes and cover letters Career Ready
- conducting mock interviews Interviews
- advising on choosing a major/minor Occupational
- applying to graduate schools
- counseling on potential careers and more! Occupational
In conjunction with the resources on the career services pages, please consider utilizing the vast career resources on the Whittemore Library Careers page at http://libguides.framingham.edu/careers. Gale Career Transitions database: http://libguides.framingham.edu/CareerTransitions.
We are now using Starfish to schedule career counseling appointments for current students. Alumni, please call the CSER office at 508-626-4625 to schedule an appointment.
- Log in to: starfish.framingham.edu
- Click on “Services”
- Scroll to Career Services and Employer Relations
Click on “Schedule Appointment” link at bottom of service
If you need assistance call us at 508-626-4625.
We are excited to provide you with CareerSpots videos!
A fun, fast way to get job search advice and information on over six-hundred career and occupational fields from over fifty global professionals in thirty-seconds to three minutes!
Find tips and answers to your toughest questions about landing a job or internship that's right for you. The Whittemore Library Career Guides provides several important resources to help students and alumni important resources to help find up-to-date information on careers, industry research and other useful, job-hunting information sources.
Wednesday. September 9 , 12:30 pm
Virtual Engagement Day
This annual event is for on-campus departments only and will be virtual through Handshake. More info to follow.
Office of Career Services & Employer Relations
McCarthy Center Room 412
Virtual/Remote Office Hours:
Mondays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Our Value Statement
- As an integral part of Framingham State University, we are committed to providing professional and comprehensive services to our students, alumni and employer partners.
- We will strive to build and promote mutual respect and teamwork within the office, the Enrollment and Student Development Division and in the University community.
- By providing individualized services, and utilizing web-based career search technology, we help students and alumni reach their career development goals, while being accessible from any location worldwide.
- We take pride in our services and will design and deliver resources that support lifelong career-related goals.