Career Services and Employer Relations
Career Services and Employer Relations Mission
Career Services and Employer Relations Mission
As an office within Student Development at Framingham State University, the Career Services and Employer Relations strives to:
- Provide a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment to assist our diverse students and alumni with important career, professional, and leadership skills needed to prepare them for productive lives as responsible local and global citizens and leaders.
- Utilize a variety of in person and online methods to assist our users in finding a good career fit for their unique values, skills, interests, and personality through career exploration assessments, career counseling, resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, and job/internship search techniques.
- Assist students and alumni in exploring various career goals, such as, choosing a major, searching for internships and other experiential activities, part-time, and full-time positions, and/or considering graduate school.
- Collaborate with the on- and off-campus community to provide networking opportunities to make connections between students/alumni and employers by hosting a diverse variety of career-related activities to assist students augment in class learning with out-of-class experiential learning to reach career goals.
Our staff assists with (click on each category to view suggested pre-preparation for your scheduled appointment):
- the job and internship search Job Search
- editing resumes and cover letters Career Ready
- conducting mock interviews Interviews
- advising on choosing a major/minor Occupational
- applying to graduate schools
- counseling on potential careers and more! Occupational
In conjunction with the resources on the career services pages, please consider utilizing the vast career resources on the Whittemore Library Careers page at http://libguides.framingham.edu/careers.
We are now using Starfish to schedule career counseling appointments for current students. Alumni, please call the CSER office at 508-626-4625 to schedule an appointment.
- Log in to: starfish.framingham.edu
- Click on “Services”
- Scroll to Career Services and Employer Relations
Click on “Schedule Appointment” link at bottom of service
If you need assistance please stop by our office located in the McCarthy Center, room 412, or call us at 508-626-4625.
We are excited to provide you with CareerSpots videos!
A fun, fast way to get job search advice and information on over six-hundred career and occupational fields from over fifty global professionals in thirty-seconds to three minutes!
Find tips and answers to your toughest questions about landing a job or internship that's right for you. The Whittemore Library Career Guides provides several important resources to help students and alumni important resources to help find up-to-date information on careers, industry research and other useful, job-hunting information sources.
Wednesday, February 20, 1:30pm - 2:20pm
How to Find an Internship
Interested in learning more about strategies for finding an internship? Join us in the Alumni Room on Wednesday February 20th for an information session. All majors welcome! For more information please contact the Career Services office at 508-626-4625.
Thursday, February 21, 4:30pm - 6:00pm
Curiosity Unleashed STEM Career Event
STEM Panel - Employers will speak about the work they do and the types of employment opportunities in their particular STEM fields. Speed Networking - Students will meet diverse employers to discuss their STEM career interests. Resume Critique - Employers will do a quick resume critique of students' resumes to help them understand how to best highlight their skills and experience in the highly competitive STEM job market.
Tuesday, February 26, 9:00am - 5:00pm
The Washington Center Info Table
On Tuesday, February 26 a representative of The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (“TWC”) will be on campus to visit with students and share information about this exciting opportunity to test out your career path with an internship in Washington, DC during the school year. The TWC representative at the information table in the MC lobby throughout the day (9 am – 5 pm). For more information about this upcoming visit and Framingham’s arrangement with TWC, please contact our office by visiting us in MC 412 or calling us at 508-626-4625.There will be an information session about the program on February 26 at 3 - 4 p.m. in MC 309 – Alumni Room. If you are unable to attend, please see the TWC representative at the information table in the MC lobby throughout the day (9 am – 5 pm). For more information please contact our office by visiting us in MC 412 or calling us at 508-626-4625.
Office of Career Services & Employer Relations
McCarthy Center Room 412
Mondays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.*
Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.*
Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
* during academic year
Our Value Statement
- As an integral part of Framingham State University, we are committed to providing professional and comprehensive services to our students, alumni and employer partners.
- We will strive to build and promote mutual respect and teamwork within the office, the Enrollment and Student Development Division and in the University community.
- By providing individualized services, and utilizing web-based career search technology, we help students and alumni reach their career development goals, while being accessible from any location worldwide.
- We take pride in our services and will design and deliver resources that support lifelong career-related goals.