Student Requirements to Enroll in Cooperative Experience Program
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.8 in all courses
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 in Computer Science courses
- Complete and Submit a CO-OP application form
- Student Application Form
- Meet with the cooperative program coordinator to discuss goals prior to their first coop
- Have junior status to go out on co-op
- Must have completed all Computer Science courses listed in the course sequence before the first coop in each concentration
- Transfer students must have taken two CS courses at FSU prior to participating in co-op
Requirements to Remain in Program
Students must continue to maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA in their computer science courses.
The program requires satisfactory completion of coop courses in addition to the courses required of their chosen concentration.
- CSCI300 Cooperative Experience I
The their first six month coop experience will typically go from January through June or July through December or their junior year. Students should start applying for these positions about 3 to 6 months before the anticipated starting date.
- CSCI 4xx Cooperative Experience II
A second six-month cooperative experience in a professional workplace setting.