Psi Chi and Psychology Club
Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in Psychology, involving more than 890 college and university chapters. The Society has two primary goals. The first is to provide academic recognition to its inductees through membership. Psi Chi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies and is an affiliate of the American Psychological Association and the American Psychological Society. The second goal is to nurture and stimulate excellence in scholarship and professional growth. The national organization provides programs to help achieve these goals, including annual conventions, research award competitions, certificate recognition programs, national and regional chapter awards, and national service projects. The Psi Chi Journal of Undergraduate Research is also dedicated to the publication of student research and is published quarterly.
Click here for the Psi Chi application package and instructions.
For more information, visit the national Psi Chi web page: www.psichi.org.
You may also contact Framingham State University Chapter Representatives
The FSU Psychology Department established a Psi Chapter in the Spring of 2006. We encourage undergraduate and graduate students to apply. Eligibility requirements are listed below. The deadline to apply is September 30 (for the fall term) and February 15 (for the spring term).
Undergraduate Student Eligibility Requirements
- Declared Psychology Major at Framingham State University (FSU)
- Completion of at least 3 semesters of college coursework
- Completion of at least 3 Psychology courses at FSU & at least a 3.30 average in all FSU Psychology courses
- At least a 3.30 cumulative GPA in all FSU courses
Graduate Student Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a matriculated student in the Framingham State University (FSU) Counseling Psychology program (i.e., accepted fully in the program and currently enrolled in courses)
- Completion of at least 3 graduate-level Counseling Psychology courses at FSU
- At least a 3.30 cumulative QPA in all graduate courses completed at FSU
Psychology Club is open to all psychology majors. The club sponsors psychology-related events on campus and holds fundraisers.