Tutoring is available in the Mathematics Department and in the Center for Academic Support and Advising (CASA). Students who wish to work with a math tutor should come prepared with questions from class or homework. All students are welcome and encouraged to use these valuable resources.
The Mathematics Department provides free walk-in math tutoring week mornings and afternoons in Hemenway Hall 402. The tutors, students selected by the faculty, are available to provide help with general education courses such as
- MATH 105 Math for Modern Society,
- MATH 107 Business Statistics,
- MATH 110 Mathematics for Elementary Educators I,
- MATH 117 Introduction to Statistics,
- MATH 120 Mathematics for Elementary Educators II,
- MATH 123 Introduction to Functions,
- MATH 180 Precalculus,
- MATH 217 Business Calculus,
- MATH 219 Calculus I, and
- MATH 220 Calculus II
- MATH 095 General Mathematics.
Some tutors may be able to provide assistance with other courses such as MATH 221 Calculus III, MATH 222 Differential Equations, and MATH 226 Linear Algebra.